Sunday, November 8, 2009

Twitter Lists with a Twist

This is madness. Twitter has introduced Lists, but there is no consensus of what the Titles should be for the different categories! It's chaos, it's pandemonium, it's a Virtual Twee -for-All (I know, that was bad, but I just couldn't resist).


The same person might be on 6 people's lists, under slightly different category names. People who Tweet about Liberal Politics might be called "Progressives", or "Political Junkies", "Democrats", "Bleeding Hearts", "Liberals", or "Pundits". It's hard to know what to search, to pull up a complete list in any one category.


Another good one is "Environmentalists"...I've seen them called "Eco-Greenies", "Climate Activists", plain "Greenies", etc., etc. I settled today on "Earth-Huggers" - I know it's longer than Greenies, but it's just so damn cute! And who knows, it might entice people to check it out. If it turns out to be too long, I can always change the name later.


I just wish I had known before I started making my Twitter Lists that I would have to alphabetize them manually, though. I would have put a bit more thought into my category titles, and finalized and alphabetized them, before I went on to Twitter and actually created my New Lists.


But, we're here, now...and, here's my current List Categories (in alphabetical order)!


hash-tag-blogger-245.jpg Bloggers



earth-hugger-245.jpg Earth-Huggers



balloon-boy-2-pics.jpg Film-TV-Radio-etc

hash-tag-art-blue-245.jpg Graphic-Artsy-Crafty


hash-tag-news-245.jpg News of the Moment



2-balloon-gowns-w-hats.jpg Interesting - like this Balloon Gown Fashion Show!


maine-squeeze.jpg Mixed-Bag


hash-tag-music-245.jpg
Music

photogs-torville.jpg Photo-Tweeters

hash-tag-politics-245.jpg Political Junkies

B262-war-sweet-245px.jpg Quotes

hash-tag-iphone-245.jpg Social-Media-Techies

see-russia-245.jpg Tee-Hee

B461-earth-from-space-245+copy.jpg Tweeps Round the World

hash-tag-twitter-245.jpg Twittaholics

eat-your-vegs-245.jpg Veg-Food-Health

cashmore-mashable.jpg Web & Marketing Gurus

power-of-love-jimi-245.jpg Words-of-Wisdom

stephen-fry.jpg Wordsmiths


I realize that Twitter Lists will be an ever-changing and growing process, and most likely, these are just my names for my Lists for right now...


I do believe that shorter List Names are better, though, since they use up less "real estate" in Twitter's 140 character limit. I'm sure I will continue to try to come up with better names in the future.


How about you? What have you named your Twitter Lists?


No comments:

Post a Comment