Friday, December 18, 2009

Move Over Snuggie - it's the SLANKET Now!


Snuggies. the "blanket with sleeves" sold 4 million of their cozy fleece hospital gown knock-offs in just 3 months last year! Kudos to who ever thought of reversing a bathrobe, and giving it a cute name!

But it's 2009, now, and Snuggies are well, so incredibly last year…

and with the new year came some healthy competition in the Reverse Bathrobe Product Sector in the form of:


(drum roll please) the SLANKET!!


I kid you not, REALLY!

The Slanket is basically a total rip-off of the Snuggie, with no discernibly different features that I can tell.

Well, Slankets ARE slightly larger, it's true, but they're like quadruple the price of a Snuggie. Can YOU figure out why?

Do 3 extra color choices really make Slankets 3x better than Snuggies?


But, hey, there's more - if you can't make up your mind…

Behold, The DOUBLE Slanket


For all you couples that REALLY enjoy sticking together, the Double Slanket is the way to go. A reverse bathrobe/blanket built for two! Wow!


Notice that there's room enough BETWEEN the two Slanket Slots for the couple to be able to separate far enough from each other to have a rousing board or card game, without ever leaving the confines of their cozy Double Slanket Prison (oops, did I say that out loud) ....and my my, don't they look comfy and relaxed on their couch?


I don't know, maybe I need a warm cup of tea, or Apple Cider to mull this over, and try and understand the value of the Snuggie, the Slanket and the Double Slanket…maybe I'm just too jaded for this…maybe I'll just waddle over to my couch, curl up with a blanket and my warm drink, and think about all this…hm…it's a bit chilly over here…I kinda wish I had a Snuggie OR a Slanket right now…(oh crap, did I say that out loud?) ...




2 comments:

  1. That looks gorgeous i love it.
    Thanks for sharing with us..

    Snuggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Slanket was invented in the 90s (before the Snuggie)

    ReplyDelete